Cravings!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I'm working on this today, but dreaming about food!


I love to eat normally, but being pregnant has really increased my appetite. I was looking through my recipes and realized that I dropped the ball a few months back and didn't finish my 30 days of tasty treats. Today I decided post a little something.  I picked the recipe because it is my husbands favorite or or possibly because I practiced spanish with my daughter this morning. You should try it- it's easy and fresh and tastes better than anything you can buy in a can.

I got this recipe from my friend, Tiffany. I have made a few tweaks to it. Mostly because I didn't have everything on hand to make it the way she suggested. To me it's better the next day. So flavorful!

2-3 Can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes (or just plain diced tomatoes, if you are like me and don't have the others on hand and have zero patience to get in the car to go buy some)
1/2 Onion
1-2 Tomatillos
1 large or 2 med size fresh garlic cloves
1 Lime (she uses lemon) juiced. I like to zest my lime first and add that as well
Cilantro - I leave this out, my family doesn't like it.
1 jalapeño - with or without the seeds depending on how hot you like it
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Sugar

Rough cut everything (except tomatoes) pulse in food processor until medium sized bits appear. I like it chunky, if you like it more smooth - keep chopping. Add the tomatoes (I like to drain 1-2 cans and reserve the liquid, I don't like it too soupy, you can always add it back). Pulse for about 10-15 seconds after adding tomatoes. Enjoy! Store in the refrigerator.

No comments: